Changing eye color with Circle Lenses : Geo Tri Color Blue

Hyah! It's the middle of October, and we still have such great weather! Fun ahead : picking apple, hiking in gorgeous parks, pumpkin smashing (hmm....) and party to cosplay as your favorite character! 

I had receive today so many items that I have ordered online for the last month, and some of them are meant to broaden my wardrobe of cosplay outfit. I hate the activity of shopping, yet I can't resist buying online... so easy to do and just... one-click away. 

While I was looking what I should wear and cosplay as for future parties, I remembered those contact lenses that I have ordered a while ago, but didn't found the occasion to wear them! Playing with eye colors is a plus in bringing a character to life. It is also a very fun way to change something about yourself for a day! I have tried different Circle Lenses for different cosplay. Sometimes it's for changing my eye color to fit the character's or it's just to make them bigger. Or both. 

Before I start talking about this particular circle lenses, there are different elements you need to consider before buying a pair : 

  1. Make a research about the brand. The most popular out there are G&G (Dueba), EOS, Geo Medical. They range around 17-23$ a pair. You can find very natural and comfortable circle lenses for a bigger price. 
  2. Usually, circle lenses dry really fast. Look for the percentage of water content. Also, the bigger the circle lenses is, the less oxygen gets to your eyes, leading to red and itchy eyes faster. 
  3. The diameter of a circle lenses is around 14.0 mm. They will look natural at that size. For a more anime-ish look, 14.5 mm and above are great to create big sparkly eyes! Remember though, the bigger they are, the less comfortable they get!
  4. They usually last 1 year. Although, be sure to change the solution in your contact lenses cases once every two weeks to prevent any formation of bacteria, especially if your eyes are very sensitive! It will keep them breathable longer.

That said, this post is about the Geo Tri Color Blue. Why this one? Because the color is natural, fits well on dark eyes and they are very comfortable!




I have bought those contact lenses two time here for 20.90$. 
Pinky Paradise offers a lot of variety of colors and style of circle lenses! It is my favorite place to look for circle lenses, and they are very sweet and helpful! 

I have honey-hazel brown eyes. It is difficult to bring a natural blue color on brown eyes. For a blue color to show, it has to be very dark and they often look fake and even scary. Plus, the dilatation of the pupil can sometimes bring out your brown color when you are standing in a strong light, making for a very weird contrast between your natural color and the one of the circle lenses. 

The Geo Tri Color has solve this problem by making a gradient on the circle lenses that blend naturally with your eye color. On me, those contact lenses gives a greyish-blue tint. 


                             Natural brown eyes                                                 With Circle Lenses                               

The change is very subtle and yet, it makes a difference! People who knows me very well don't usually notice that I have changed my eye colors - it's a good sign! ^.^ 

Although it is not a nice ice-blue color, I love the warmth and the gradient in the color. I have yet to find a light blue color that doesn't look too fake, but a dark blue seems more fitting with my skin tone. 

You can see my eyes in different light settings (I've put my natural eye color so you can see the difference). 



As I said, they are very comfortable and I can spend almost a day with them! My other experiences with circle lenses have been less pleasant : after 4 hours of wearing them, my eyes will be dry and start turning red. Those are a charm to wear (in my own experience, of course) !

They are perfect to cosplay as a Lord of the Rings' elves from Rivendell! Since, no elves have brown eyes... *sigh*

That will be all on the Geo Tri Color Blue circle lenses! Oh! If you order them on Pinky Paradise, they send you something like this... :)




On to more cosplay accessories soon! I have received a new wig ... that has a beautiful texture and a nice style... but the color turned out to be too light and yellow to fit well with my "olive" skin tone. Iiieeew. I'll have to dye it to a copper color. A post on "How to dye your wig" soon! And we'll see if I succeeded or if I destroyed the wig. ... 


Any other tips, tutorials, important notions to know about circle lenses? I would like to know! 




1 comments:

 

Meet The Author

My passion in life is simple : creating new things in the different domains that interest me : arts, books, games, movies and live organisation!