Create that look : Soraka from League of Legends

It's Comiccon in Montreal this week-end! Definitly want to go since so many awesome guests will be there, from Walking Dead, Battlestar Galactica, Lord of  the Rings (!!). Ok. Hopefully my schedule will be merciful with me...

It is time for another "Create that look" and I've made some interesting discoveries; searching the web for specific item often brings you to a whole new world... and seems to be an excellent way of shopping to find items for such good prices!

The Star (pun intended...) for this month is Soraka, the Starchild from League of Legends! And what an interesting character! Ashe was my first "muse" for this serie of posts and you can find the outfit here : 
http://tinumire.blogspot.ca/2013/08/create-that-look-ashe-from-league-of.html

This Soraka look has been create with this constraint : the whole look has to cost less then 75$. And here are the items chosen to make an homage to this beautiful ... half-unicorn humanoid. 


The main set 
Soraka is easily recognizable for her yellow / red/ blue colors. 

Yellow chiffon top : $8.92
Strech denim skinny jean : $13.23
Red woolen coat : $15.77
Fur mid-calf boots : $29.99

Total : $67.91

Want a more glamorous look for an evening? Exchange the jean and the yellow top for a yellow chiffon dress like this one! 
here at $56.82

Accessories
To complete the look I have found this simple jewel, yet so fitting with Soraka's design! It is called the Harvest Moon Pendant and you can find it here at $14.45.




Alternatives
While I was making my research to create this look, I have stumbled upon beautiful items, but I had to discard them since they were busting the budget of 75$! However, since I found them so fitting to recreate Soraka's look, I have to mentionned them. 

Look at this cute top! It has little metallic beads, reminiscent of stars on it! How fitting for Soraka! I have found this top for $31.45 here.


And I find these boots to fit more for Soraka. The black sole brings another important characteristic of Soraka's physiology : her hooves! Although the other pair of boots doesn't bring out this aspect on their design, they have more straps and a shaggy fur which is closer in appearance to Soraka's legs!

here at $52.41


As always, I am building these outfits around the original look of the character. Soraka has another skin (her Divine one) that has the same theme colors. To be closer to her Divine Skin, we need to switch the jeans for a long blue skirt and add some half-moon earrings!

It is a colorful outfit and a pretty casual one too! I could see myself walking in town with these. We'll see if someone recognize the character that inspired the look! 










6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Apologies. I mad a bad maneuver in my control panel and all my comments are now deleted. :(

      Yes! A new look for "Create that look"! It allows to embrace the whole portrait!

      I am not sure who are referring to about the character who can wear grey fur boots.. is it a Clovenhelm family member?

      Delete
    2. Aye. Remember they come from the way far north!

      Delete
  2. Awesome look! You're great at this! :D
    I'm wondering, have you already purchased from the websites you link from? A post on your feedback from these online stores could be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent idea, I'll make a post about those online stores! :)

      Delete
  3. Mu beautiful comments!!! What did you do!? :'(

    ReplyDelete

 

Meet The Author

My passion in life is simple : creating new things in the different domains that interest me : arts, books, games, movies and live organisation!