Create that look : Ashe from League of Legends

Summer is almost finished and I was so focus on my different projects that I had absolutely NO time to do any new costume this year (!!!). I went to Otakuthon yesterday and it was the first time for a very long time, that I had no costume to wear at the convention! Something has to be done about that... 

It was an interesting day at the convention however, and my friend and I had the occasion to meet some great cosplayers and to learn about some new techniques in crafting (well new for us since we are not used of making accessories out of resin)! Something that I would like to get my hands on as soon as possible! I have a few costumes that I want to finish before the end of 2013 and I think NOW is the time to do it! The second part for the Hobbit is coming real soon and there are a few touch-up that I want to do on it! Plus, Comic Con is coming in a month and I wanted to do a costume of Elektra and practice my crafting with resin for her sai!

So while I was at it, looking at the few stuff my Woad Ashe costume needs to be complete, I was thinking of the simplest way of dressing up as a character without the full long and painful - yet so very fun and satisfying- path of cosplaying. I'll try and make it a montly post, where I will make a few research on items to get your hands on and with that constraint : the whole set has to cost less then 75$ total! 

For this post, I'll start with this character that I love so much and enjoy playing with : Ashe from League of Legends. Ashe the frost Archer. The Queen of the Freljord. 



The Dress
Ashe had receive a full makeover in the last year. She is garbed in black and gold, her magic bow having this light aqua blue as if it was made of Ice. 

Her look is quite simple to recreate. For the base, find a short halterneck dress like this one : 

 you can find a black halter dress for C18.72$ here.

I find this dress fit nicely to recreate that Ashe look. It has the same shape, plus it has that golden embroidery where Ashe has a golden belt! I have no idea where to find it though... mystery!


Another important element in Ashe's outfit, is to add a golden belt! To bring out her legendary skill with a bow, we can go for a belt who has some shapes reminiscent of arrows. 

13.50$
13.00$

The Accessories
The base of the outfit has been chosen! On with the little accessories that will make it complete. First of, let's look at some black arm warmers. We can find plenty of those around 6$-20$ like those ones that you can find on Etsy for €14.64 here. Choose those printed tights from Rare London for £5 here
 
The Shoes
Get out your cute black plumps or some black ankle boots! I have taken a liking to this pair of shoes. Might be because of the 3 buckles that makes me think of some arrows! Plus,  they are only $13.37!


The Plus
With all of this, you should have a pretty complete outfit! And all of this for under 70$! If you want to add more to this outfit, you can look into an aqua blue bag, the colour of Ashe bow, like this bag! 


You can also look for a black shawl (to replace the cloak that Ashe has) or get a gorgeous coat with an awesome hood like this treasure I just found, for such a good price, $25.99! Or there is that deep navy blue with golden touch that can also fit! (Although this coat doesn't have any hood!) 



And to conclude this post, some findings for some jewelry in the Ashe theme. You can look for arrows and bow theme jewelry, or hunting hawk. Also, you can bring out the turquoise of her bow with some well chosen jewelry with aqua gems! 


 Very pretty and so fitting with Ashe!

So that would be it for this recreation of a character's outfit! I haven't decided who will be my next target yet. I have taken her original skin as my base inspiration for the creation of this outfit, but - let's face it - her Freljord skin and Sherwood Forest skin are only a recolour of this one. So instead of going for a black/gold theme, you can also go for a white-gold or a deep green/gold to look more like her other skins! 

Enjoy! 









4 comments:

  1. If I may, although the montage is a nice addition (as I mentionned in a now extinct comment), the full picture of the 'inspiring character' is also interesting, as it helps picture in greater details what you're referring to. They also make a more impressive thumbnail, IMHO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I like doing this serie of "Create that look". Trying to change their looks so it can blend in today's everyday lide! :)

      Delete

 

Meet The Author

My passion in life is simple : creating new things in the different domains that interest me : arts, books, games, movies and live organisation!